Wednesday, May 07, 2008

My Dream and lessons learned from politics

I have a dream for the month of May.

Ambitious though it may be I want to sale 1000 copies of my ebooks this month.

I have been writing and blogging off and on and realize that in order for people to buy the ebooks I have got to go where the people are.
So I have been building my friend list on Facebook. I signed up a while ago but didn't do much with it as I figured it was pretty much the same thing as MySpace.

I was wrong. Facebook is much easier to use and offers groups, pages you can follow, and people from all ages, all around the world.

I spent several days finding friends who knew how to travel the roads of Facebook with the most ease. I am amazed at how helpful people are and how willing to join your network.
It's easier to make friends with just a simple click or two.

I like being able to make pages about each of my books as well as my jewelry and dream catchers. There is also a market to list items I have for sale.

While working on Facebook I have been watching MSNBC news. This is my favorite news, don't really know why.

I listened to how Clinton is now wanting to change the rules so she can be ahead. While I don't support her as far as voting for her, I have to give her credit for knowing what she wants and being willing to never be deterred from reaching her goals.

I watch Obama take punch after punch and part of me applauds his unwillingness to play the game as usual but the other part says, come on dude, answer back.

I'm happy to see that Rev. Wright isn't as much a part of the news, I had just about worn out the mute button on my remote so I wouldn't have to listen to people telling me how offended I should be by his statements. I guess what Mother said when I was a child holds true for lots of folks, “you are known by the company you keep”.

Sometimes I think one or the other should say enough already and support the other so that we can have one Democrat and one Republican for the nation to choose from. I guess it's good for McCain though, he gets to go about his business while the two Democrats chip away at each other and pay no attention to his remarks. While democrats stay focused on whether there are racial divides, gender differences and income niches that we all fit into, no one pays attention to McCain saying that once we get independent of foreign oil we will never again have to send our soldiers to middle east to fight for oil. Wow.. can't believe so many people missed that one.

As I watch Clinton punch, duck and sway while changing the rules to suit her I do have to give her credit. She's a one tough cookie. She sticks to her guns and sips Crown Royal rather than chugging it back. I've often said it's probably a sin to mix it or drink it quickly and I 'm glad to know I'm in presidential company.

Neither Obama nor Clinton want to give up no matter what is said about them. Clinton will even make pie in the sky promises she and most Americans know she can't deliver on. Obama answers by saying it will not work. Ok, you've got my attention, go on.. tell me what will.

Americans are tired of high oil prices and the outrageous price on human life and suffering by the “war” in Iraq. Now we want to threaten Iran with blowing them off the map. Wow.. is this America?

I love this country, but I've always thought that when you act the same way as those you disagree with there is no difference between you. I guess our nations motto has changed to Might Makes Right rather than the land of the free and the brave.

I do get one good thing from all the political fussing and fighting though. Don't give up on your dreams. If what you are doing isn't working, change what you're doing. Throw in the baby and the bathtub to live your dreams. AND if you don't get it this time, there's always four years down the road.

No comments:

Heal Your LIfe With Law of Attaction

My photo
Somewhere In, Alabama, United States
Donna DeVane is a certified GIYAME energy healer, teacher and author, and life coach. Her work inspires and empowers women to live life fully and blissfully. Her book Creating Yourself A Mini Guide to the LOA takes you step by step through the principles of the Law of Attraction. Change your life from the inside out. A Journey Back to Self is the result of 12 years of real time and online classes with lessons which heal your emotions and restore balance and well being in your life. Her special line of gemstone jewelry combines her knowledge of the metaphysical energy of stones and crystals to provide jewelry that really makes a difference. Native American style primitive dream catchers and booger masks are created to bring powerful energy of healing and balance into your life. Gemstone and crystal Feng Shui cures and suncatchers promote positive energy and rainbows. Donna is 4th degree recommended black belt in Tae Kwon Do and encourages all women to learn this powerful art of mental, physical and spiritual balance. Her books on healing and working with the principles of Law of Attraction are life changing.