Thursday, April 17, 2008

What Are You Looking At?

What are you looking at?


I have a cat living with me who really inspired me this morning.

When I woke up he came at once to me meowing telling me he was out of food. Sure enough his food bowl was empty.

Funny thing though is that a forty pound bag of food was sitting a little bit away from his dish.


Sasha the cat wasn't interested in the bag of food, nor was he trusting me to put food in his dish and being patient about it. He saw that his bowl was empty and was upset about it.


My reminding him that I always feed him and he has never been without food didn't seem to make sense to him. All he knew was that he was out of food.

His focus was totally on what he didn't have, not faith in me to deliver food or the big bag of food sitting in the floor.


How often do we do the same thing? We are so focused on what we don't have, on what is not the way that we want it right now, that we don't stop to realize all the blessings that are right in front of us.


By placing all our attention on what is not the way we want it, we don't have much space in our conscious thoughts and or emotions for inspiration and divine action.


While we sit beside an empty bowl meowing over it being empty all our energy is used in complaining and being afraid rather than trusting in the goodness of LIFE and a full bag of food.


This last month I have dealt with a broken arm from falling off a fast moving horse. The first few days I was tempted to think in terms of what I couldn't do now that my arm is in a great big cast. Typing is more challenging and creating jewelry with one hand isn't easy. I have had to find new ways to do everyday things from getting dressed to cooking food.


While it has been challenging my focus has been on what I can do rather than on what I can not do. Rather than so much typing I started a video and audio blog. These are great fun and something I have been wanting to do.


I have helped my youngest daughter learn how to cook some of our favorite meals and we have worked together to clean the house. She has even learned how to ship customers purchases, getting her more involved in our internet based business.


I have also used this time to catch up on some of my reading and be more aware of my thoughts and emotions.


The principles of Law of Attraction teach us that our thoughts give way to emotions, emotions are like magnets drawing more of similar energy into our lives. What you pay attention to with your thoughts become your emotions which in turn is your attractor factor. This is what you ask for more of with your energy vibrations.


Knowing that we attract based on being vibrationally in line with experiences, and things, it makes sense that we pay attention to what we are looking at.


If your are presently experiencing situations that are not pleasant to you, use these as contrast to help you define what it is that you really do want.


If presently you don't want to continue in poverty, no relationship, or unfulfilling job... this is your point of inspiration.


Write down what you don't want. Be honest about it.

I don't want to be poor.

I don't want to be in a relationship where I don't feel loved and honored.

I don't want to work a job that isn't fulfilling.


From this point you are clear about what you don't want. You have a living example of it right now.

Jump over to giving details about what you do want, be clear, be honest.


I enjoy having money to live in a wonderful, safe and comfortable home.


I enjoy having money to eat out, gift my family, friends and charities.


I enjoy relationships based on love, respect, honor and good times. I am a wonderful friend and enjoy wonderful friends.


I enjoy a job that allows me to share my joy with the world, inspiring others to joy and fulfillment.

I enjoy following my passion and inspiration.


I love what Echart Tolle says about it, Accept where you are right now. If you are stuck in the mud, struggling only gets you covered in more mud. Accept the Right Now of your life and allow inspiration to come to you. You will be delightfully amazed at how easily life changes when you change what you are looking at.

Get your copy of my newest ebooks today.



No comments:

Heal Your LIfe With Law of Attaction

My photo
Somewhere In, Alabama, United States
Donna DeVane is a certified GIYAME energy healer, teacher and author, and life coach. Her work inspires and empowers women to live life fully and blissfully. Her book Creating Yourself A Mini Guide to the LOA takes you step by step through the principles of the Law of Attraction. Change your life from the inside out. A Journey Back to Self is the result of 12 years of real time and online classes with lessons which heal your emotions and restore balance and well being in your life. Her special line of gemstone jewelry combines her knowledge of the metaphysical energy of stones and crystals to provide jewelry that really makes a difference. Native American style primitive dream catchers and booger masks are created to bring powerful energy of healing and balance into your life. Gemstone and crystal Feng Shui cures and suncatchers promote positive energy and rainbows. Donna is 4th degree recommended black belt in Tae Kwon Do and encourages all women to learn this powerful art of mental, physical and spiritual balance. Her books on healing and working with the principles of Law of Attraction are life changing.